Liverpool is a littoral city in the North-western part of England. It is situated on the coast where River Mersey meets the Irish Sea. Its rich culture and historic background is very exciting and attractive for worldwide tourism. It has an unrivaled musical heritage and one of the largest collections of Museums and galleries at the very heart of the city.
Places to visit-
- The Royal Albert Dock- It was the first structure built in Britain in the year 1846 from cast iron, brick and stones, without any structural wood.
- The Beatles Story- This museum is all about the Beatles and their history. The tourists can view the historic Beatles items such as John Lennon’s spectacles, George Harrison’s first guitar and many more such items.
- The Cavern Club- The tourists can have some night time fun at this club.
- Anfield – It is the 6th largest football stadium with a total capacity of 54,074.
- Liverpool Cathedral- Also known as the Church of England and is the largest cathedral and religious building in Britain.
- Pier Head- Mersey Ferries cruise the waterfronts of the Pier Head from where the tourists can enjoy the grand view of the “Three Graces”- Royal Liver Building, Cunard Building and Port of Liverpool Building.
- Wirral Sailing Centre- It is an ideal place to indulge in adventurous water sports.
- Echo Arena Liverpool
- Crosby Beach- 100 solid cast-iron life size figures of Antony Gormley stand staring out of the horizon.
- Knowsley Safari Park- It is a zoological park and tourist attraction for kids and wildlife lovers.
- World museum
- Merseyside Maritime Museum
- Walker Art Gallery
- Liverpool Central Library
Where to stay?
- Aloft Liverpool- it is a trendy hotel and bar offering live music
- Hampton by Hilton Liverpool- A 3 star hotel with an open air restaurant and outdoor seating.
- Hotel Indigo Liverpool- it is a four star hotel with swimming pool facility, fitness centre and pet friendly.
- Easy Hotel Liverpool- it has modest rooms in a simple budget and good location.
- Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre- Great location and easy access to train station to explore the city.